Commercial Transportation Requirements:
All Commercial Vehicles must be registered and permitted by the Canaveral Port Authority in order to provide transportation services within the port. Fares MUST be pre-arranged and pre-paid. Transportation providers are prohibited from providing services without a permit.
To obtain the permits:
- In order to obtain a Ground Transportation Permit, applicants must complete the on-line registration form.[Ground Transportation Application]. Vendors will be sent an e-mail within 24 hours verifying their application has been reviewed and approved. The verification e-mail will provide a hyperlink, username, and password which will allow for the completion of the application process.
- Permit Holders are required to carry and maintain comprehensive automobile liability insurance with a limit of not less than $1,000,000. Evidence of coverage must be provided to the CPA for each Commercial Vehicle for which a Permit Decal is requested. The insurance coverage must list the “Canaveral Port Authority” as additional insured.
- Ground Transportation Staff are available to assist you in the application process. Question may be directed to Groundtransportation@portcanaveral.com Staff assistance is also available by telephone (321) 394-3203 or in person at the Ground Transportation Office.
After doing so, please call 321-394-3203 for an appointment.
We will only accept Credit Cards, Debit Cards, or Checks.
|Maritime Center (Westside Entrance)
||Monday - Friday
|445 Challenger Road
||8:00am to 4:30pm
|Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
||Closed weekends & holidays.
- Permit Requirements - A CPA authorized permit shall be required to conduct Ground Transportation Operations within the Port Jurisdictional Area. Such Permit shall authorize a Permit Holder to provide ground transportation services in accordance with the Ground Transportation Rules and Regulations. Permit Categories, as well as the number of Permits issued in each of those categories shall be at the sole and absolute discretion of the Canaveral Port Authority based on operational need and contractual considerations. Permit Categories may include, but are not limited to, the following classes: Non-Concessionaire (N) Permit, Off-Port Parking Operator (P) Permit, Rental Car Operator (R) Permit, Support Services (S) Permit, Taxicab (T) Permit, Vehicle for Hire (V) Permit.
- Term of Permits - The term of the first Permit issued to an Operator shall be for a period from the date the Operator becomes a Permit Holder until midnight on the 31st day of December. The term of the second and each subsequent Permit shall be for a period from 12:00 a.m. on the first day of January until midnight of the 31st day of December. From time to time the CPA, at its sole discretion, may extend the term of a Permit to facilitate Port operations.
- Insurance Requirements - Transportation Vendors who provide services to the CPA must provide evidence of insurance coverage via a current insurance certificate (ACORD format preferred) before being activated. Commercial auto coverage in the dollar amount required is a minimum $1 Million. All CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE MUST LIST CANAVERAL PORT AUTHORITY AS “ADDITIONALLY INSURED”. More specifically: For vendors, contractors and/or service providers who provide services for CPA, proof of general liability (GL), worker’s compensation (WC) and commercial automobile liability insurance is required. Worker Compensation must be Florida State statutory limits.